How To Clean Your Mattress
Even if you change your sheets and pillowcases weekly, chances are you haven't thought about how to clean a mattress lately. Dust and dust mites accumulate in bedding very quickly and can cause anywhere from mild to severe allergic reactions. Getting rid of dust mites is an ongoing battle and one effective way to fight them is to keep your mattress and bedding clean.Below are simple steps to help you clean your mattress on a regular basis. What a great, inexpensive way to clean your mattress! Be sure and share this article so you can help someone else clean their mattress and help prevent dust mites or other bugs & mites.
CLEAN YOUR MATTRESS QUICK & EASY:
- Before beginning, flip or rotate the bed, which is smart to do every six months to extend mattress life and prevent sagging. While you're working on your mattress, toss your bedding in the wash, and fluff duvets or feather beds in the dryer.
- Open the box of baking soda and add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Lavender oil works great by the way! Close the box and give it a good shake to distribute the essential oil and break up any large clumps. Lavender, chamomile, sandalwood, and vlang vlang are all soothing scents that would be a calming aroma. And essential oils are naturally antibacterial.
- Sprinkle the baking soda over the bed, using the entire box. Now it's time for a mattress massage! Rub the baking soda mixture into the bed, which really gives your mattress a deep cleaning. Let the baking soda and essential oil work its magic for at least an hour or two.
- While you're waiting, wipe down the walls around your bed and the bed frame, creating a nice and clean sleeping area. After an hour or two, vacuum the mattress, working slowly to ensure all the baking soda has been removed.
- Along with freshening your bed, the mixture helps lift dirt and residue while wicking away moisture. And giving your mattress a good vacuuming sucks away any lurking dust mites, which makes everyone sleep easier. Make the bed, and you're ready to sleep on a clean mattress.